Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Another Declaration of Shit

It’s probably no mystery that I’m not thrilled with the way my life is going right now. For anyone who deals with me personally on a regular basis, it should be no surprise that I’m more than a little dissatisfied with what I’m doing at the moment.

I have a roof over my head, I’m healthy, and I’m not in Baghdad. I’m thankful for all of these things. I know my situation could be a lot worse. Believe me, nobody knows that better than I do. Again, if you know me personally, you know I’m well aware of how much worse things can be.

Life, however, is not how I want it to be.

The good part here is that I’m tired of wasting my time. Things are going to get better, and they’re going to get better in a hurry. They have to, because I’m sick of wasting myself on things that aren’t worth my attention. I’m tired of having a talent I don’t use, and I’m tired of knowing I don’t try hard enough.

There’s another one on the way, and this time, you’re all going to see what I can really do with the written word.