Monday, December 22, 2008

Monday Mailbag!

Sometimes I think the best part about having this blog is the opportunity it offers me to interact with random people from all walks of life. I receive some exceptionally thoughtful email from people who put a great deal of thought into what they’re writing. I like this aspect of things, because I’ve met some really interesting readers over the past few years, and I’ve made several good friends.

Yesterday, I received one such email, and I want to share it with you. It’s from a girl named Tiffany, and the subject line is, “I LOVE YOUR BLOG.” Her hobbies include “chillen.”:

“I NEVER REALLY READ ANY BLOGS BEFORE I READ YOURS ITS FUNNY AND YOU HAVE A GREAT SINCE OF HUMOR I REALLY DONT HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE GUIDO THING WITH ME LIVIN IN CT AND ALL BUT I HAVE RUN INTO A FEW NOW AND AGAIN AND I HAVE TO SAY FOR THE MOST PART THERE ASSSSSSSSSHOLES LOL AND WHEN EVER YOU TELL ME SOME OF THE SITUATIONS THAT U HAVE TO GO THROUGH IT MAKES ME NOT ONLY LAUGH BUT FEEL BAD FOR THE GUIDO BECAUSE THEY ACT AS IF EVERYONE LIKES THEM WHEN NO ONE REALLY DOES :) JUSS WANTED TO SAY THAT IM YOUR BIGGEST FAN.”

It’s quite a lovely sentiment when people write in like this and identify with what I “go through” as a nightclub bouncer. It’s gratifying to know I’m touching my audience in this manner, and I just want everyone to know I appreciate every piece of email JUST LIKE THIS ONE.

Thank you, dear.