Saturday, December 08, 2012

Day Five



I missed a day of posting. I know I said I wasn’t going to do that, but some shit came up.

That’s always the problem with me, you know? Not that shit comes up, but that everything comes with an excuse. Every time I refuse to sit my ass down and write something, I have a ready-made rationalization for why it didn’t happen. That’s been my issue with a lot of things in life.

Right now, I’m having something of an issue with a business colleague. We just conducted a fairly major set of meetings about a project we were proposing to someone else. The way we structured things in these meetings, I was going to be doing most of the work on this project. Yesterday, it was “greenlighted.” My colleague has yet to contact me with this news, even though he’s told other people. These other people told me, and that’s how I know.

I don’t know why things are happening this way, so I’m very confused. That’s why I didn’t post anything yesterday, because I wasn’t in the mood. It’s also a bullshit excuse. I’ll stop doing that.