Friday, July 06, 2012

The Road


I went to San Francisco for the first time two weeks ago. I was in Los Angeles the week before that. Both trips were fun. Here are some photos from the Los Angeles trip:

This was on the sign by the elevator to my hotel’s parking garage:

This is from a sort of cliff at Point Dume in Malibu – specifically Westward Beach. I climbed to the top with my friend Matt (who’s from Long Island but just happened to be out there on business at the same time I was):

 Then, today, I saw this. It’s an Ed Hardy steering wheel grip:

In San Francisco, I wanted to see everything, but I didn’t have a lot of time, so I went on one of those hop on/hop off double-decker tour buses. The highlight of this was the Tenderloin. First, the (recorded) tour guide told us not to go there at night because of “prostitution, drug abuse, and high crime.” Then, it told us that the area was becoming “more bohemian.” Then, pretty much everyone we saw on the street yelled something at us. I ended up with a very bad sunburn because it was the hottest day in San Francisco in recent memory.

Also, Fisherman’s Wharf is the tackiest tourist trap on earth.

Additionally, if anyone cares, I’ll be making a fairly significant (at least to me) announcement next week.