Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Review

I’m running on about four hours of sleep right now, and I just walked in the door from work (my posts have always been written the night before they appear), so all I have for you today is a quick review requested by a regular reader from Emerson, NJ.

Vin Diesel frequently claims to have been a bouncer at clubs in Manhattan. I have no idea if this is true or not. Maybe he was. I never worked with him, nor do I know anyone who ever worked with him, but I’ve never had any reason to doubt his claims.

Until now, that is. This is why.

He’s apparently producing a show about a crew of bouncers working in New York. I have no idea what network is airing this thing, I don’t know what night it’s on, and I have no intention of ever watching it. I couldn’t even get past the trailer, so that’s the basis for my review. Here it is:

I’ve seen some stupid shit in my life, but this is probably the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen. Nobody who’s ever spent more than five minutes working in a club would ever produce anything resembling this absolute and utter horseshit. I’m very sorry, Vin Diesel. I like you. I’ve actually liked some of your movies, and you’ve had a nice career. I think you’re an interesting guy. But seriously, did you really ever work in a fucking club, dude?

You didn’t even come close here.