Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lapped

I used to bounce in a strip club.

That was one of my side jobs - one I did during the week when I wasn't working at a bigger place. I didn't write about my job at the strip club when this blog was all about bouncing. I don't know why. I guess there wasn't much to tell.

Working at a strip club - being a bouncer at a fucking strip club - is one of the stupidest jobs in the world. Not one of the worst, mind you - just one of the stupidest. I didn't like it very much. I didn't like the people I worked with, I didn't like the dancers, I didn't like the slapdick managers, and I didn't like the owner. The whole thing was a giant clusterfuck, and I ended up quitting within a few months.

This place was pure unadulterated trash. It wasn't Scores, or Hustler or any of the so-called "good" ones. The only good story I have is the one about the time the superstar NFL player came in. I didn't recognize him, so I asked for his ID. I checked it and laughed when I saw his name. Then he walked in and kissed everyone. He was a regular. I wasn't surprised when his career tanked. I was secretly happy it did, even though he played for my favorite team.

I also used to stop at bagel stores a lot on my way home from work. I kind of miss that.